For the first time this season, Krissy and I actually watched LOST on a Wednesday night. Because it’s on ‘past our bedtime’ (10-11PM) and because I hate watching commercials, we usually tape it and watch in sometime during the week. But, since it was the season finale, we decided we’d switch things up a bit.
Over all, I thought it was a great episode, continuing the streak of good LOST episode that redeemed the horrendous first six episodes of the season. I loved how it ended – another season that introduces an entirely new paradigm to explore.
Here are some random LOST thoughts:
- Ben is my favorite character. I love how at the same time he can be one of the most honest and deceptive characters on the show. I hope that he continues to play an important role in the next few seasons, especially if they continue to play back and forth on the good guy/bad guy developments.
- I didn’t really like how Charlie died. I thought it showed his character to be pretty weak; he pretty much gave in to fate and destiny, assuming he had to die and didn’t do anything to survive (such as swim out of the port hole, put on a diving suit before turning the jammer off, closing the door from the other side, etc.). It was a nice ‘sacrifice,’ but I don’t know if it will end up really helping anyone.
- I’m curious to see if the ‘flash forward’ story theme will take away from my interest in the show. I think it’ll add character development, but I’m not sure if it’ll retain my interest the same way that the Island plot does.
- Three more seasons seems like a lot. Hopefully it doesn’t drag out too long.
- One of the more interesting theories I’ve heard suggested is that Jack is Jacob, and that somehow he is able to return in some form to the Island in the past and do everything he can to protect the Island from himself. I don’t know how likely it is that this will play out in the next few seasons, but I think it’s an interesting thought.
What’d you think?