The Challenges of Pastoral Ministry
Scot McKnight wrote a post this morning about the potential for stress and burnout in pastoral ministry based on a new book called That Their Work Will Be a Joy: Understanding and Coping with the Challenges of Pastoral Ministry.
In his look at the book, Scot lays out the five principles the book addresses:
1. Pastors need to cultivate a sabbath heart:
2. Pastors need to take care of the body God gave them:
3. Pastors need to embrace wise limits:
4. Pastors need to nurture healthy relationships:
5. Pastors need to make the family a priority.
I’m excited for this book for a few reasons:
- It’s an important topic written with wisdom directed at three specific audiences: pastors, congregations, and seminary students.
- My boss cowrote the book!
- The cover photo of the book is a picture I took in Cambodia (and my name is printed in tiny letters on the back of the book – woohoo!)
Check it out!