We call it our favorite holiday of the year.
- Free bike rides on all metro buses and trains.
- Free breakfast in Pasadena.
- Free “swag” at various pit stops around town (we found four different stops this morning and picked up items including water bottles, bags, wrench sets, bike patch kits, cliff bars, energy drinks, and coupons for free smoothies at Whole Foods).
- Chat with other cyclists.
- Show up to work late wearing a “Bike to Work Day” t-shirt.
It’s an annual tradition with my bike-riding friends and we have a blast.